Tuesday, June 4, 2013

EOC: PROMOTION

As Promotion is concerned I tend to try and spend as little as needed on promoting deals here in Vegas. I think if I can talk to the right people and right companies It could promote itself through word of mouth. Nike did it the other way around by using good advertising."Nike still invests hundreds of millions of dollars each year on creative advertising. However, it now spends less than one-third of its $650 million annual promotion budget on television and other traditional media, down from 55 percent 10 years ago. These days, behind the bright lights, Nike has developed a host of innovative new relationship-building approaches."Gary Armstrong, Philip Kotler. Marketing: An Introduction, 10th Edition., 2010. The Art Institutes.pg38. I want to have my customers talking about it to others and doing the promotion for me. I dont want to lower my cost more than it already is going to be. I want people to think of this as a premium vodka not a "two for one" kind of drink.I can get the right people to drink my product the advertising could be kept to a minimum. Just a couple of magazine ads, tv ads and word of mouth. when doing an ad I would use my research and get em where I can, tabacco companies do it all the time! "studies report that children view more than 20 food ads each day, of which over 90 percent promote highfat, high-sugar products. The marketing concept focuses on satisfying customers’ needs and wants, but are marketers crossing the line when they cater to younger consumers’ wants for products that may counter parental wishes or that may be unhealthy?"Gary Armstrong, Philip Kotler. Marketing: An Introduction, 10th Edition., 2010. The Art Institutes.pg63

No comments:

Post a Comment